Last modified on June 15, 2021.
Collection of Information
Silvercorp collects personal information from you if you request information from Silvercorp and may collect additional personal information in the course of providing that information or those services. Personal information that Silvercorp collects may include, but is not limited to, your name, contact information (such as email address, mailing address, telephone number and fax number), demographic information (such as gender, age and occupation) and personal preferences.
Silvercorp may collect and analyze non-personal information to evaluate how visitors use the Site, including non?personal information about usage and service operation that is not associated with a specific personal identity. Silvercorp also automatically receives and records information on Silvercorp's server logs, which information may include your computer's IP address and "cookie" information. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit the Site, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
We primarily use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the essential operation of our Site such as to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily and helps us understand what interests our users have and measures how effective our content is.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. These cookies may be set by third party providers.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site and the advertising displayed on them more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Use of Information; Data Storage
Contact information that you provide to Silvercorp may be used to contact you in connection with the Site. Silvercorp will also use information supplied by you to fulfil your requests for information about Silvercorp or to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected. Silvercorp may also use information to improve Silvercorp's marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyze usage of the Site, to improve the Site and better tailor them to meet Silvercorp's users' needs, to manage Silvercorp's relationship with you, to provide you with marketing material where you have opted to receive these materials or for regular mailing lists that you have requested to receive. Silvercorp may use personal information for additional purposes that may be identified at or before the time that the information is collected.
Silvercorp may share personal information with third-party subcontractors and agents who work on Silvercorp's behalf and third-party service providers to provide certain products and services. Such third parties do not have the right to use personal information beyond what is necessary to assist Silvercorp.
Silvercorp implements commercially reasonable security safeguards to store your data securely stores your data. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
Disclosure of Information
Silvercorp may disclose your personal information as follows:
- to third party service providers and to affiliated entities in order to carry out work on behalf of Silvercorp;
- to law enforcement agencies for the purposes of investigating fraud or other offences;
- to legal, financial, insurance, and other advisors or in connection with the sale, reorganization, or management of all or part of its business or operations;
- to establish or exercise Silvercorp's legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- as consented to by you from time to time, including to fulfill any other purposes that are identified when or before the personal information is collected; and
- as otherwise permitted pursuant to applicable laws.
Silvercorp will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required or permitted by law. Consent may be express or implied and given in writing by using or not using a check-off box, electronically, orally, or by the user's conduct, such as use of the services or products.
When appropriate, users of the Site are given the opportunity to (i) opt-out of receiving communications from Silvercorp; (ii) remove their personal information from Silvercorp's records; or (iii) elect to no longer receive information from Silvercorp. If you wish to opt-out in the manner as listed above, please contact Silvercorp's Privacy Officer.
For EU-based visitors to the Site
Under European data protection law you also have certain rights in relation to your data, which include:
- The right to access - You have the right to request Silvercorp for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that Silvercorp correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Silvercorp to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that Silvercorp erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that Silvercorp restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to Silvercorp's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that Silvercorp transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
However, depending on the circumstances these rights may not always be available to you. To make a request or to obtain further information in relation to how the Company uses your data please contact the Privacy Officer as set out below.
Silvercorp Metals Inc.
Attention: Privacy Officer
Address: Suite 1750 - 1066 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6E 3X1